Buying a vacuum cleaner is not difficult due to plenty of choice. As long as you know what to look for. Do you have pets, are you allergic, do you want with or without a bag or do you think it is important that it makes little noise? Suddenly it is complicated again. Don’t panic, I’ll tell you everything you need to know to make the right choice.
If you don’t know much about vacuum cleaners, it is good to start with the basics. Which vacuum cleaner suits you best mainly depends on what you want to do with it. You can also check many kinds of vacuum at imoosoo
Vacuum cleaners are technical devices where the terms are flying around the ears. Performance class, cyclone technology, power, and so on. There are some things you don’t need to know to make a good choice. But other things are important, such as the sound or power of a vacuum cleaner. The differences between types of vacuum cleaners are sometimes difficult to discover. As these are important choices because the vacuum cleaners differ considerably.
Maintenance of your vacuum cleaner
Vacuuming is a simple job. However, there are a number of things to keep in mind. It is better not to vacuum up everything you find. And a well-maintained vacuum cleaner will last longer. Fortunately, many vacuum cleaner problems are easy to solve. For example, proper cleaning of filters can solve some problems.
Proper maintenance of your vacuum cleaner ensures that you can enjoy your vacuum cleaner for as long as possible. You can prevent problems with these maintenance tips.
- If you replace the vacuum cleaner bag or empty the reservoir before they are overfilled, the vacuum cleaner sucks better and the motor lasts longer.
- Protect the motor by regularly cleaning or replacing the filters of your vacuum cleaner. The manual states how often you should do this.
- Also clean the nozzles of your vacuum cleaner. This way you prevent damage to the vacuum cleaner and the floor.
- The vacuum cleaner hose is fragile. We often receive complaints from consumers whose vacuum cleaner hose broke prematurely. An important way to save your vacuum cleaner hose is to make sure that there is no kink in the vacuum cleaner hose when storing it. If necessary, disconnect the hose when you store the vacuum cleaner, and make sure that the vacuum cleaner hose is not pushed tightly against the wall or door when it is stored.
- If dust or other dirt gets into the wheels, they will become more difficult and can be damaged.
- Do not pull the plug out of the socket by the cable.
- Switch off the vacuum cleaner before unplugging it.
What are you absorbing?
Do not vacuum the building dust
Do not use your good vacuum cleaner for vacuuming building dust. This is often so nice that the filters become clogged and can destroy the engine. Use a construction vacuum cleaner or an old vacuum cleaner that can break. Sweeping up building dust with a brush and a tin and then wiping it up with a mop and damp cloth will save your vacuum cleaner. check many kinds of vacuum at imoosoo
Do not suck up liquid
Ordinary canister vacuum cleaners are not made for vacuuming liquids. If you do this, there is a good chance that you will destroy the vacuum cleaner because the filters will become blocked, the dust bag and its contents will become moldy and the motor will fail.
A clean and healthy home environment is essential for your family’s well-being. One crucial aspect of maintaining cleanliness is ensuring your carpets are free from dirt and allergens. For professional carpet cleaning Asheville services, you can rely on experts who use advanced cleaning techniques. To learn more about vacuum cleaners and their role in maintaining a clean home, check out this informative article.
Beware of bulky waste
Avoid using the good vacuum cleaner nozzle for garage or shed floors. Pebbles and the like can get stuck in the bristles, which can damage a good floor. And sharp objects can tear the dust bag.
When do you use which mouthpiece?
With a vacuum cleaner you often get a number of nozzles and brush attachments. There are more and more different types of mouthpieces. Which mouthpiece can you use for what?
Brush heads included
These brush heads are often supplied with the vacuum cleaner:
- Crevice nozzle: handy for along the baseboards or, for example, in the gap between the cushions of the sofa.
- Furniture nozzle: for example for the sofa or mattress. You can also vacuum heavy curtains with this mouthpiece.
- Soft brush: easy for smaller surfaces such as the corners on the stairs or windowsill. You can also vacuum the computer keyboard with it. Turn off the computer first.
Standard combi mouthpiece
All vacuum cleaners are supplied with a combi nozzle. This is a switchable nozzle for hard floors or carpets. The brushes then slide in or out. Handy, because you don’t have to change mouthpiece.
Nozzles especially for parquet have soft, longer brushes to prevent scratches on the floor. Our test shows that the standard nozzle does not scratch and a parquet brush is not necessary for the best result.
Turbo and electric brushes
These brushes are intended for carpet. They would better remove dust and pet hair from carpets. They are not suitable for delicate materials. These can be damaged.
Tips for dust allergy
Are you allergic to dust mites? One of the most difficult surfaces to vacuum can be carpeting. When vacuuming carpet it is important that you vacuum cleanly and persistently. These are a few handy tips to keep your house dust-free:
- Choose a vacuum cleaner with a good score on dust emission and suction performance.
- Make sure the dust bag or container is properly positioned so that the end of the hose connects properly.
- Make sure that the vacuum cleaner filters are placed correctly, so that air cannot leak through.
- Replace or clean the dust bag or container regularly. Have someone else do this if necessary.
- Vacuuming causes dust to float into the air. Do you have a lot of dust? Then it is best to let someone else vacuum.
- Vacuum gently, so that as few dust particles as possible fly up.
- The dust particles still swirl around half an hour after vacuuming. Ventilate the room well.
- Mop hard floors after vacuuming.