Looking for a job? There are plenty of them. The best way to land a job is to actually know what you’re doing and be willing to work hard. It’s not enough to just have an idea or a great plan. You must also have a particularly gruelling day at work on top of being overworked, underprepared and underpaid. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to go about this that won’t make you cry or your boss give you a handjob. Here are some hacks that can get you hired in the tech industry.
Tell Good Stories
These tips will get you hired in the business you want to be in:
- Tell a lot about yourself – What do people want to know about you?
- Don’t be afraid to say you don’t know how the other person knows about you – Be open to hearing and answering any questions – Tell the truth and nothing but the truth – Be prepared to work on a tight schedule thus keeping your workload down
2. Don’t Forget About Customer Service
Customer service is what it is: providing human assistance. But how do you do it better? Here are a few tips to make your CSCS better:
- Stay focused – Customer service is an ongoing process and is not something you can “switch off” or “forget” about. It is a vital part of business.
- Take a lead cleanings program – Take a look at your “lead cleanings” and make sure they are the right ones for your company. Get to know your customers, their problems, and your company’s unique selling proposition. Take a look at other companies’ leads and see what your’s are doing. Ask for referrals – Find out what other companies are doing in the industry and see if you can work with them.
- Ask for help – If you are the only one in your field who can answer a question or help a colleague with a problem, ask. It may seem like a odd thing to do, but it can actually be a great thing to do. Ask for help and you may just discover a company you love better for what you get help for.
2. Don’t Look Up Before YouRead
Reading is a common mistake among hiring managers and executives. When you look too much into the digital aspects of your industry or the job requirements of someone you’re trying to hire, you miss out on what makes a great employer. But if you make an effort to look at what other companies in your industry are doing and why they are doing it, you will see that there is a lot of great stuff going on. It is not unusual for executives and managers to miss out on the opportunity to work on a project-by-project basis, learning about the company and what they hope to accomplish.
Make Great Connections
Hiring great people who you can “soul” into your team is important, but you also need to find ways to keep them from leaving. One way to do this is to make sure you are actively keeping in touch with all your team members. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it shouldn’t be taken for granted. You need to keep track of who you’ve been communicating with and who you’ve been ignoring. Ask for help – If you find yourself asking other team members for help more than you should, it may be because you are not actively keeping in touch with the people you are working with.
Take The Lead Cleaning Routine
A bad lead cleanout can feel really bad. You have no idea why someone might leave or why they might be going bad. You may even forget about them in a day or two. In a lead cleanout, you are basically just looking for problems. This is where hacks and shortcuts can really come into play.
Hire Someone You Trust
You need to have someone you trust working for you. This can seem like a no-brainer, but you need to make sure you get to know the people you are working with. What are their values? Where do they excel? What are their strengths? These are all things you can try to build upon during a lead cleanout.
Find Out What the Company Is Up To
Another way to keep your team members happy is to know what the company is up to. This is a great way to find out what other companies in your industry are doing and why they are doing it. You can also find ways to collaborate with other companies and learn from them.
Hire an Influencer
Not every company has an exact tetchy exchange with an employee. Some companies may make an effort to be better than others. What if you could take the digitalverse and downplay the importance of certain terms or obligations? What if you could use your platform as a way to inspire your team members? – You can use this idea to make your own content, sell your services and even give you a way to get in touch with people you want to work with. You can use it as a way to build your brand and show your support for a company.
The final tip is to actually take the lead cleanings program. There are a lot of hacks and shortcuts to success out there, but if you do your job right, you will find them very few and far between.