Dental Implants have been gaining momentum in the field of cosmetic and restorative dentistry. They offer an array of benefits making them the most preferred choice and alternative to other restorations like bridges and dentures.
Alpine Dental Center offers state-of-the-art dental implants to replace missing teeth permanently to restore your oral form, function, and aesthetics.
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots made up of biocompatible materials like titanium alloys to replace your missing teeth. These are screw-like devices that when inserted into the jawbone can fuse (osseointegration) permanently providing anchorage to restorations like crowns, bridges, and dentures.
Parts of a dental implant:
- Post: The actual screw-like device inserted into the jawbone.
- Abutment: The part that connects the post and the prosthesis
- Prosthesis: The actual tooth restoration in the form of a crown, bridge, or denture.
Reasons why dental implants are so popular
Here are some of the unique benefits of dental implants, whether you have lost one or more teeth. Dental implants:
- Implants are incredibly versatile since they can be fitted with a crown, bridge, or dentures to replace one or more missing teeth.
Function similar to natural teeth
- Implants restore the full chewing strength of the restoration.
- You can normally eat with them and can brush and floss properly as well.
- Implants are inserted directly into the jawbone providing a secure fit.
- This extra stability makes implants feel like natural teeth.
Offer improved speech
- Since the implants are permanently fixed, there is no chance of dislodgement or slipping.
- This enables proper speech and pronunciation.
Prevent bone loss
- The bone around the missing space can deteriorate that leads to compromise in the volume and thickness of the jawbone.
- Implants effectively stimulate your jawbone growth and prevent bone resorption.
Enhance your oral health
- Getting implants is a less invasive procedure since it spares the natural teeth unlike bridges and dentures.
- Preserving healthy teeth can improve your overall oral health and wellness.
- Implants can last a lifetime as opposed to bridges and dentures.
- The titanium alloy is biocompatible and merges with the bone and is usually not rejected by your body.
Keep your surrounding teeth stable
- A missing tooth can lead to adjacent teeth drifting into the space that can lead to oral problems like malocclusion and poor bite.
- Implants prevent the abnormal drifting of the teeth thereby keeping the natural teeth stable and intact.
Dental implants are permanent replacements for missing teeth owing to a wide range of benefits being offered. Though the process may be time-consuming, the end results are worth the try!