Hair extensions can be curled very easily to make them look prettier. To achieve this, it is necessary to follow a methodology that varies according to the looping tool used.
Curl your extensions with a curling iron
The 19 cm diameter curling iron is the recommended tool for curling your Brazilian human hair(see details at www.honesthairfactory.com/premium-raw-brazilian-hair) extensions and obtaining curls that are not too loose, let alone too tight. The looping process is very simple:
- Take a wick that is not too thick, taking into account the width of the curling iron
- Spray a heat protectant spray on the wick for a few seconds
- Use a brush to pass the product over the entire wick
- Wind the locks on the curling iron in a rotating motion, making sure to stop at your temples
- Let sit for 10 seconds and remove the iron from the wick
- Repeat the same process all over the hair.
After curling all the extensions from reliable hair vendors, it is possible to achieve a tousled look by lightly combing the hair and fixing it with a veil of hairspray. The use of flat clips on the rollers after removal of the iron also makes it possible to assert the curls more.
Curl your extensions with a straightener
The use of the straightener to obtain curls responds to a process similar to that of the curling iron. In this case, you have to have the extensions curled by straightening them with a comb, for example. Thereafter, it will be necessary to pass on the hair a protective treatment against heat. The product must especially touch the ends.
To switch to the actual curling, you must wrap a thick or thin wick (depending on the curls you want to have) on the lower level of the straightener and close the straightener. Finally, you have to make rotational movements with the straightener in your hand from bottom to top for 15 seconds. This same process must be carried out on all the hair.
Protect your hair before curling it
- The curling or straightening iron can reach high temperatures averaging between 180 and 240 degrees. Applying heated appliances to the hair without a heat-protecting treatment could seriously damage or even burn it.
- Thus, it is possible to find heat-protective shampoos, serums or heat-protective sprays on the market to protect your hair. The latter are the most recommended, as they are more practical and can be applied to wet or dry hair.
Curl your extensions with braids
In the absence of protective heat treatment, it is possible to curl your human hair extensions and wigs (more details at www.honesthairfactory.com/blog/how-to-wash-and-take-care-of-your-curly-lace-front-wig) with braids without using heating devices. They are a natural way to curl your extensions. To make them, you need:
- Make African braids or braids with 3 strands of wet hair
- Keep the braids for at least 12 hours then undo them
- Comb hair with fingers
- Spray a small amount of hairspray all over the hair. The extensions will be curled with a touch of shine.
- Looping extensions can be done in several ways. The key is to proceed methodically and protect your hair from the heat when using a heating device.