Individuals who exhibit the symptoms of kidney infections should visit the best urologist in Lahore. The specialist will detect the illness and treat it accordingly.
The symptoms one should monitor that correlate with kidney infection are:
- The individual suffering from kidney infection experiences unbearable pain in the abdominal region.
- The patient experiences a constant urge to urinate.
- The patient can see blood and pus in the urine.
- The patient experiences a burning sensation while urinating, causing pain and discomfort.
- The person experiences nausea and fever.
Individuals with kidney infections must seek professional help to avoid complications. In severe cases of kidney infection, the patient may suffer from confusion, inflammation, rashes, chills, and rapid heartbeat.
Patents must take medicines as per the doctor’s guidelines. Nevertheless, some patients want to try home remedies to reduce pain and discomfort. The combination use of antibiotics and home remedies can help improve kidney functioning.
The home remedies that help improve kidney functioning and reduce complications of infection include:
- Keep Yourself Hydrated: Drinking at least 1.2 liters of water every day allows the kidney to flush out the bacteria causing infection. Individuals at a higher risk of infections must monitor their fluid intake.
- Use Cranberry Juice: The use of cranberries and juice helps in treating UTIs, bladder infections, and related conditions. People diagnosed with kidney infection should use cranberry juice to notice an improvement in the symptoms.
- Say No to Coffee and Alcohol: People with kidney infections should stop taking coffee and alcohol until they have recovered. The function of the kidneys is to flush out the toxins from the body. Coffee and alcohol seek extra work from the kidneys, hindering the healing process. Also, the patient must not use antibiotics with alcohol to avoid further health-related complications.
- Use Probiotics: The use of probiotics aid in balancing the good bacteria in the body. Additionally, it negates the effect of antibiotics. Antibiotics lead to the removal of good and bad bacteria, which may lead to diarrhea. Individuals with a kidney infection can use probiotics to maintain bodily functions without further intricacies.
- Drink Parsley Juice: Parsley juice helps in frequent urination. It helps in flushing out the bacteria causing infection. The use of parsley juice can assist antibiotics in removing bacteria from the body. Patients with a kidney infection can mix parsley with cranberries in water to notice an improvement in their symptoms.
- Include Apples in Daily Diet: Apples have anti-inflammatory properties, leading to smooth and rapid healing. Furthermore, they are acidic, causing a decrease in the bacterial growth in the body responsible for the infection.
- Vitamin C Supplements: Vitamin C contains antioxidant properties; which assist in the better functioning of the kidneys. Also, it helps prevent kidney scarring due to the infection. Therefore, people with kidney infections should take vitamin C supplements to enhance their health and avoid complications.
- Use Heating Pad: The use of antibiotics can increase the pain. Therefore, it is essential to apply heat to the abdominal area for twenty minutes. The heating pad can provide the patient relief and help them function adequately.
- Take Non-Aspirin Pain Relief Medications: The infection can cause the person to suffer from fever, discomfort, and unbearable pain. The use of non-aspirin medications helps with the pain and breaks the fever. However, individuals with acute kidney injury should not use them without a doctor’s prescription.
- Epsom Salt Bath: The person suffers from excessive abdominal pain, which can hinder the functioning of the individual. The person may suffer from the pain after recovery as a side effect of the antibiotics. Epsom salt baths can help provide relief from pain and discomfort and help the patient function better.
Patients who want to seek a medical opinion regarding their condition can book an appointment with a reliable and competent specialist through oladoc.com. The specialist will help the patient identify the cause of the infection and provide guidance regarding effective treatment options.