Obesity is not just how your body looks externally, but it greatly affects the internal functioning of your body and always in a negative way. It deteriorates your health on all fronts, physical, mental, and social. From high blood pressure to heart diseases, the risk increases multifold when you are suffering from obesity.
At Nova Physician Wellness Center located in multiple locations in Virginia, Dr. Rohit Suri, an obesity medicine specialist helps you in fighting obesity and regaining optimal health. By beginning this journey, you will not just reverse the way you look, but also how your organs function. It can ease out the stressors in your body and help you in enjoying your life with better vitality and mental clarity.
Stroke and Obesity – The connection
Your BMI can determine your chance of having a stroke in the next 5 years. Being obese puts you at 2 time’s higher risk of getting a stroke which can either cause physical disabilities or even death in some cases.
The following points will help you understand the connection between stroke in High BMI (>30):
- High blood pressure which is very common in obese people is the number one cause of stroke and in cutting down the brain’s arterial blood supply.
- Obese people suffer from diabetes and various other metabolic disorders.
- This affects your blood circulation and hence, inadequate supply to the brain can result in a stroke.
- Heart enlargement can affect the oxygen supply to the brain.
- Sleep apnea which is commonly seen in obese people can suddenly affect your body’s respiratory function.
- In the absence of respiration, even for split seconds, oxygen supply gets affected to the brain causing the brain cells to die.
Apart from this, all these factors keep your body in a high inflammatory state which can aggravate these problems further.
If you or anyone near you is showing any symptoms of an impending stroke, rush them to a nearby hospital in Virginia. Some of these symptoms are:
- Unsteady gait.
- Falling or becoming unconscious.
- Unexplained severe headache.
- Complaining of numbness in body parts.
- Inability to move body parts of one side.
- Facial drooping to one side.
- Inability to communicate suddenly.
- Inability in understanding simple commands.
To avoid increasing your chances of suffering from a stroke, you must always include some form of exercise in your daily routine. Eating whole, nutritious food is the cornerstone of a healthy life and should be followed if you are obese and want to live a healthy life. Consult a nutritional counselor in Virginia to become aware of your habits that are keeping you stuck in an unhealthy place and to determine ways to overcome those habits.