Outdoor blinds are installed to the outside of your home in areas such as pergolas, patios and the veranda. They are installed to increase the useable outdoor space and make your home look beautiful and stylish. The blinds are constructed from clear or tinted PVC or other materials.
These outdoor blinds block out harmful UV rays, wind, rain and other elements. They also block out mosquitos and bugs, as well as dust. You can also get manual outdoor blinds Melbourne locals use to protect their windows or patio furniture from the elements.
Continue reading to find out how you can benefit from outdoor blinds. Buy Rdp easily from reliable source.
How to Operate Outdoor Blinds
There are many different types of outdoor blinds available on the market. Some are operated manually and some are operated automatically. The manual blinds use a combination of cords, gears and rods.
The motorised version can be operated using a remote. They are simple to use and extremely durable.
How to Clean Plastic Outdoor Blinds
Outdoor blinds require maintenance, it’s important to know how to clean them properly. If you care for your blinds, they will last longer. Follow these simple maintenance steps:
- Remove the blinds from the rail
- Clean them with a clean wet sponge soaked in soapy water
- Don’t use abrasive detergents
- Remove the creases while the blinds are warm from the water
- Let them air dry
- Once dry they can be rehung
What to Consider Before Buying Outdoor Blinds
Before you purchase outdoor blinds there are a few things you should consider.
- Where the blinds are used: Do you plan on installing the blinds at a commercial or residential building? The type of blind you chose will be influenced by this decision.
- Consider the options available: Some popular options include Ziptrak blinds, crank-operated blinds and alfresco blinds.
- Consider the material: Outdoor blinds come in a variety of different materials, and they come in a large range of colours.
- Protection: Make sure the material you choose is fire-resistant
Benefits of Roller Blinds
You can enhance your exterior décor by choosing elegant outdoor blinds to complement your space. Here is a list of benefits you can expect from your exterior blinds:
- Protection from the elements: Outdoor blinds will protect you from UV light.
- Protects outdoor furniture: The blinds will protect your furniture from direct sunlight and rain, so it won’t fade.
- Keeps out bugs and other pests: Outdoor blinds provide an extra layer of protection to keep out unwanted pests.
- Helps you save on energy costs: Blinds help to regulate the temperature in your home.
- Increases privacy: People won’t be able to look into your property when you have blinds up.
- Versatile and stylish: Outdoor blinds allow you to express your style and bring in an element of sophisticated design.
- Able to entertain all year round: You will be able to entertain no matter the weather.
- Adds value to your home: Increases the resale value should you decide to sell.
A Brief History
Blinds have been around for much longer than you can imagine. They have been traced back to ancient civilisations. In the beginning, people used wet pieces of fabric, cut into strips as blinds. They used them to cover the windows on their huts.
The Ancient Egyptians
The Ancient Egyptians constructed their window coverings from reeds. These reeds could be rolled up when they were not in use. They used the coverings on their doors as well and to provide privacy for the household. The blinds made from reeds blocked out the sun and wind.
The Ancient Chinese
The Ancient Chinese made their blinds out of thin strips of bamboo. The bamboo was placed into slats. This allowed you to tilt them to control the amount of light that entered the room. They could be rolled up and down or fastened in place. Bamboo has the added benefit of being environmentally friendly.
The Romans main problem was dust entering their houses. So they developed blinds that are still used today, known as roman blinds. Cords were used to lower the blinds up or down and were constructed from fabric.
They were the first people that used blinds to add an element of style to the design. The blinds were both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Created in Italy in 1794 they were copies of the blinds the Persians were using at the time. the Venetians were merchants, so they travelled and sold their wares all over Europe. That’s how the blinds trend spread. Blinds quickly replaced curtains and gained in popularity.
Blinds became so popular, they were made from a variety of different materials and the pully system was invented. This made it super simple to control the blinds.
These days blinds can be automated and controlled with a remote control or even your smartphone. Some motorised versions even have solar-powered motors, making them environmentally friendly and budget-friendly.
They come in materials such as PVC, wood, fabric, aluminium and many others. You can find them in just about any colour and style, or have yours custom made to match the aesthetic in your home.
Hopefully, this article has answered any questions you had about outdoor blinds. Do you know any other interesting facts about blinds? Let us know in the comments section below.